The Conference will be jointly organized by the Sudanese National Academy of
Sciences (SNAS), the Sudan Academy of Young Scientists (SAYS) in partnership with the TWAS Regional Office for Sub-Saharan Africa (TWAS-ROSSA).
It will be held in Khartoum and in the vicinity of the Sudanese ancient city of Meroe.
The conference will bring together a group of talented young African scientists to present their latest research activities in the rapidly advancing field of Genomics.
A number of world-renowned scientists in Genomic Science will be invited to give plenary lectures and participate in various discussions.
The Conference is intended to provide an opportunity for forging links and sharing experiences across geographical, political and social boundaries, for providing continuity and communication between senior and young scientists and between disciplines, and for bridging the gap between research and implementation.
The conference themes include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prenatal and Reproductive Genomics
• Pharmacogenomics and Precision Medicine
• Infectious Disease Genomics and Metagenomics
• Animal and Plant Genomics for Human Health
• Cancer Genomics
• Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and Functional Genomics
• Population Genomics
This call is open to early career African researchers.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to participate:
– Be based in Africa
– Be under the age of forty-five (45)
– Have at least a Masters degree
– Have research expertise in at least one of the conference themes
– Submit an abstract that is relevant to the conference themes
– Be willing to present and share current research results at the conference.
– Applicants must fill in the attached online application form and send it
electronically together with an abstract of maximum 300 words and the
– The deadline for receiving all applications is 15 September 2018
– Only successful candidates shall be contacted
– Official invitation letters shall be sent to successful candidates by 25 September 2018
– Accommodation and local transportation expenses will be provided to all accepted participants.
– A limited number of partial travel grants will be provided to participants in need